showing 1-5 of 6 products
- Bundle Description
Developing a concept of word or COW is ESSENTIAL for emergent readers to begin reading. This MEGA BUNDLE includes 78 POETRY SETS and ~800 PAGES. You have ample options to choose from for an entire year of learning fun. Great for tutoring, small group, workstations, and for parents to have at home.
Each poetry set comes with teaching posters, the poem on sentence strips with and without touchpoints, a touchpoint grid for use for those who have trouble connecting speech to symbols, the poems in book form, word cards for lessons and words in isolation, and the poem in page form for creating a poetry anthology for repeated reading throughout the year.
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1) the teachers models with a projection of the teaching posters on a smartboard.
2) Once students have memorized the poem, they continue working on tracking and reading the poem.
3) In small groups, practice words in isolation, constructing sentences, identifying sightwords and beginning sounds, rhyming words, reading punctuation, tracking, and matching print.
4) Move it to a literacy station for those who are ready to practice on their own or with an assistant.
The poems work well for repeated reading with parent volunteers, for sight word hunts, for letter recognition, picture clues, and so much more.
© 2019 Comprehension Connection by Carla Fedeler All rights reserved.
The poems included in the bundle feature the following topics:
Hickory Dickory Dock
Hey Diddle Diddle
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Jack and Jill
Little Bo Peep
Little Miss Muffet
Mary had a Little Lamb
Rain Rain Go Away
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
I’m a Little Teapot
*78* poems in all and 791 pages
You can look more closely using the previews for each set included.
Here's what buyers are saying about my COW bundles:
"I have bought and love all of your concept of word poems and activities! Now with the updated version, there is so much more to love! Great for teaching Kinders concept of word which is so important to reading! Thank you!" Mary G July 2018
"I have the spring pack and it works WONDERFULLY. Looking forward to using this back now!" Kasi D January 2017
"My children were so much better prepared for first grade after using this bundle!! Rhonda H. August 2016
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
While you're here, be sure to follow me on social media to learn about new products and freebies.
Comprehension Connection on Facebook
Comprehension Connection on Bloglovin
Comprehension Connection on Twitter
and last but not least,
Comprehension Connection on Pinterest
Come back soon!