Also included in
- Developing a concept of word is one of the key components of learning to read. If you are a PreK or Kindergarten teacher, this Concept of Word yearly bundle will help you tremendously. Concept of word poems can be extremely helpful with connecting voice to print, working on beginning sounds, identif$38.38$47.97Save $9.59
- Developing a concept of word or COW is ESSENTIAL for emergent readers to begin reading. This MEGA BUNDLE includes 78 POETRY SETS and ~800 PAGES. Concept of word poems can be extremely helpful with connecting voice to print, working on beginning sounds, identifying words in text, building sightword f$70.00$85.00Save $15.00
The student will demonstrate accurate matching of voice to print, identify beginning sounds, recognize space between words and end punctuation, identify common sightwords, and rhyming words with each poem.
This Concept of Word poetry set is perfect to use in September during apple picking season! The set has everything you need from teaching charts, to the poem on sentence strips for modeling with and without touch points, the poem in book form and a printable of the poem for your students' poetry anthologies.
Having a concept of word is the sign a child is ready to read, and including Concept of Word lessons into the language arts routine is very important for kindergarten (and first grade) teachers. This free sample is part of my FALL BUNDLE, YEARLY BUNDLE, AND MEGA BUNDLE. If you enjoy using it with your students, imagine the growth you'd have with using 1-2 poems per week! I promise. They work well!
Each poetry set comes with:
- teaching posters
- the poem on sentence strips with and without touchpoints
- a touchpoint grid for use for those who have trouble connecting speech to symbols
- the poems in book form
- word cards for lessons and to work on words in isolation
- and the poem in page form for creating a poetry anthology for repeated reading throughout the year
10 pages total
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1) The teachers models with a projection of the teaching posters on a Smartboard.
2) Once students have memorized the poem, they continue working on tracking and reading the poem.
3) In small groups, practice words in isolation, constructing sentences, identifying sightwords and beginning sounds, rhyming words, reading punctuation, tracking, and matching print.
4) Move it to a literacy station for those who are ready to practice on their own or with an assistant.
These poems also work very well for repeated reading with parent volunteers, for sight word hunts, for letter recognition, picture clues, and so much more.
© 2019 Comprehension Connection by Carla Fedeler All rights reserved.
Here's what one user had to say:
"Wonderful Concept-of-Word freebie! Thanks so much for creating & sharing...My 1st- & 2nd-grade special ed kiddos often struggle with their COW. This activity is sure to help!"
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
✱ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
✱ Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
While you're here, be sure to follow me on social media to learn about new products and freebies.
and last but not least, Pinterest,
Come back soon!