This Concept of Word poetry product includes 12 poems for the time of year between August til November. Each 4-line poem includes the following:
1) the poem written on sentence strips for a pocket chart or small group work
2) teaching pages and a touchpoint page for student practice as the teacher reads
3) the poem with touchpoint underneath
4) the poem on1/4 pages to teach the poem with pictures and to put in book form
5) a key vocabulary word list for words in isolation
6) a page in black and white for students to color and work on within guided reading
7) and a final page that can be projected or printed for students in color.
The poems work well for repeated reading with parent volunteers, for sight word hunts, for letter recognition, and of course, concept of word. All poems in this set are the original work of Comprehension Connection
The poems include the following topics:
Please look at each of the sample pages for an example of the product. A preview file is available and shows what's included.
Let me know if you have any questions.