Also included in
- If you are a kindergarten teacher, this is a MUST HAVE yearly bundle. It includes 38 SEASONAL POETRY SETS (10 pages each) for the time of year between August and June. All of the poems are intended to go with units you typically teach. It is best for students who are needing help with connecting spo$30.00$45.00Save $15.00
This poetry set includes a four line poem on sentence strips to use to model and work on developing a Concept of Word, Having a concept of word is the sign a child is ready to read. This free sample is part of my SPRING BUNDLE, YEARLY BUNDLE, AND MEGA BUNDLE. If you enjoy using it with your students, imagine the growth you'll have with using 1-2 per week! I promise. They work well!
Each poetry set comes with teaching posters, the poem on sentence strips with and without touchpoints, a touchpoint grid for use for those who have trouble connecting speech to symbols, the poems in book form, word cards for lessons and words in isolation, and the poem in page form for creating a poetry anthology for repeated reading throughout the year just like this poetry set.
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1) The teachers models with a projection of the teaching posters on a smartboard.
2) Once students have memorized the poem, they continue working on tracking and reading the poem.
3) In small groups, practice words in isolation, constructing sentences, identifying sightwords and beginning sounds, rhyming words, reading punctuation, tracking, and matching print.
4) Move it to a literacy station for those who are ready to practice on their own or with an assistant.
The poems work well for repeated reading with parent volunteers, for sight word hunts, for letter recognition, picture clues, and so much more.
© 2019 Comprehension Connection by Carla Fedeler All rights reserved.
If you like this freebie, be sure to check out these resources for the rest of the year:
Thanks for visiting and enjoy the freebie!