Basic concepts are essential building blocks of language. When children are delayed in acquiring these words it can simple tasks challenging and frustrating for them. We know frequent and consistent repetition of information is always best when teaching a new skill, so why do it when we teach basic concepts.
This set allows you the target one of the four specific concepts all week!
The following concepts are targeted in this set:
Each concept has the following materials
- Parent hand out with two activity suggestions for home to promote carryover.
- Handout for parents explaining basic concepts and the activities.
- An Interactive Poster in 8.5x11 (11x14 in Set 1 ) to hang outside your door for quick
- A Visual Reference Strip of the concept for students to use as visual support.
- An interactive book for each concept.
- A follow directions drawing page with included directions to increase the intensity
level for the student and take data.
*Note: All interactive books use the same images. This is done so that students must listen to, and focus on, the concept they are targeting. When students are shown the same image they are likely to assume they are addressing the same task/concept as previously instructed, rather than attending to the concept being addressed. By using the same visuals, it can keep students at the ready to listen to the concept they are working and reinforce students to listen to all information.
Posters are already in the PDF as 8.5x11. The 11x14 posters are in the ZIP file as PNG. You can print these at only office supply store that offers this service.
You may also be interested in:
Positional Concepts with Sid the Kid