This interesting and engaging lesson enables students to be able to define and categorise different types of nouns, to be able to use different types of nouns accurately, and to show an understanding about how different types of noun can affect writing.
The lesson follows a clear, logical, bite-size learning journey, which guides students towards differentiated learning objectives. Over the course of this journey, they become able to:
- Define what concrete, abstract, and compound nouns are;
- Identify and categorise different concrete, abstract, and compound nouns;
- Write accurately using a range of concrete, abstract, and compound nouns, to increase the depth and variety of their writing;
- Peer assess each other's learning attempts.
This resource pack includes:
- A visually engaging whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- Word cards for sorting;
- Venn diagram mat for card-sorting activity
- Clear and interesting worksheets to record student responses;
- A detailed lesson plan, complete with what the teacher and students should aim to achieve at each stage of the lesson.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the PowerPoint/ the bottom of worksheets.