Conducting The Orchestra Music Sub Plans - Curious George Beats The Band
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Back to school: Get a headstart on the school year with your music classroom set-upThis is a bundle that contains several of my products for the primary music classroom at significant savings over the individual products. These resources will not only help you put together your long range plans forPrice $32.15Original Price $40.19Save $8.04
- If you are teaching elementary music on rotary, this bundle contains everything you need for the entire year. Grade-specific year long lesson plans, long range plans, seasonal activities and more.This bundle includes every instructional music product in my store.Price $241.83Original Price $302.29Save $60.46
Primary Music Conducting Lessons - Curious George Music Episode Companion Worksheets - Music Sub Plan or Sub Tub Stuffer
This jam-packed music mini-unit covers many curriculum expectations with a high-interest theme, making it perfect for music sub plans, sub-tub stuffer or low-prep last-minute plan. Based on the Curious George episode “Curious George Beats The Band” (which can be found freely online), it introduces 4 popular classical pieces of music as well as basic elements of the orchestra and conducting. The content is a great fit for end-of-year review in grades 1-2, or a beginning-of-the-year refresher for grades 3-4.
This music sub plan includes activities for both before and after watching the Curious George Episode:
Pre-watching: Listening glyphs for each of the four musical pieces:
1) Pictures at an Exhibition – The Market Place (Mussorgsky)
2) Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 – Anitra’s Dance (Grieg)
3) Musette in D Major (J.S. Bach)
4) The Magic Flute – Overture (Mozart)
Post-watching: Worksheets for each musical element featured in the episode:
1) Conducting patterns (4/4 & 3/4)
2) Conducting dynamics
3) High/low pitch in connection to notation and instrument ranges
You Might Also Like...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - ABOUT THE AUTHOR - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stageworthy by Widy creates performing arts lessons that help non-specialists teach the arts like rockstars.
♬ - Click here for Stageworthy music lessons
➼ - Click here for Stageworthy dance lessons
❈ - Click here for Stageworthy drama lessons