- This animated PowerPoint defines the terms conductor and insulator. It then takes pupils through designing a circuit to test a range of materials and a table in which to record their results. It includes a simple explanation of conductors and insulators in terms of low and high resistance. It also includes an interactive five question exit ticket quiz in which pupils answer A, B or C to each question by a show of hands or a card. This also provides instant feedback to the teacher on pupil progress.
Ø Know that conductors conduct electricity.
Ø Know that insulators do not conduct electricity.
Ø Know that metals are conductors.
Ø Know that non-metals are insulators .
Ø Know that graphite is a non-metal that conducts.
Ø Be able to design a results table.
Ø Be able to design a circuit to test whether materials conduct.
Ø Be able to set up a circuit from sketches
Ø Be able to explain why some materials are conductors and others are insulators.
- This PowerPoint is also available as a full resourced pack with 13 original and engaging pupil resourcesand 2 PowerPoints. The pack is designed to be totally bespokedto take account of pupil ability, time available to teach the topicand departmental policy/focus.
- ·A clear and concise one-page flow-chartshows the lesson plan, the resources that are included and where choices between the resources can be made – please see preview.
- Resources include elements of literacy, oracy, self-assessment, peer assessmentand teacher assessment. These are clearly marked on the flow-chart.
- The second PowerPoint is a detailed answer and mark schemefor all classwork and homework sheets to enable easy self-assessment and peer assessment.
- Full instructions for use are given on each resource.
- With **foldable, cut-and-stick** and **fact sheet** included this pack is also suitable for schools using interactive notebooks.
- This pack is effective as a stand-alone topic but is also a part of a suite of 11 topics and an enquiry. If you are contemplating purchasing more than one topic please see preview of module content to see where this lesson fits in.
Please follow this link to see the fully resourced Conductors and Insulators
If you require further information please email:
[Elf Off the Shelf Resources on YouTube ]( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjkDMTqwMietZaJn6iuVASg)