Name of Activity: Can Smash
Equipment: 12 tumbling mats, numerous gatorskin balls or yarn balls 6 noodles 12 wrist bands .
Set-Up: Create 3 wall are formed for each side-by standing one tumbling mats upright-bending them- and placig the other horizontial on top like a shelf.
Place wall approx. 20 - 50 ft behind the midline dividing the two teams. Place the variety of throwing objects in the middle on the midline.
Activity: The team with the most of amount of can standing up on the walls wins..
1. Divide class into two teams
2. Assign 3 guards per team (one for each wall
3. They are responsible for guarding the wall with 3 cans placed on top from flying off the wall, they may use the noodle to assist them to guard the wall.
4. Other players try to throw balls at the other team’s cans.
5. If the ball hits the cans off, it stays off..
6. Teacher stops game-class in amount 5 minutes counts the cans knocked off.
7. Team with the least amount balls in their can wins.
Watch for- no double guarding the cans-no placing cans back on top of shleves-when teacher stops the game no extra throwing of balls.