Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
9.44 MB | 29 pages
Are you looking for a meaningful project to engage your novice students at the end of the year? Here is something creative to seal your course on a positive note. You will find Conexión Cultural to be a practical experience for future advanced students.
This project, a 2-in-1 product, is appropriate for Homeschool and Classroom settings and can be used as is or is easily adaptable for the following classes:
• All levels of Spanish for Spanish Speakers • Spanish Culture Class
• Spanish I and II classes • All levels of English Language Learners
• Immersion Programs
THE PERSPECTIVE: We are 3 across-the-hallway collaborating colleagues wanting a meaningful project for our novice learners who are curious about the higher level classes taught in different periods, but in the same rooms. We wanted something that was interesting, creative and meaningful to finish the year and seal the course on a positive note. We had already completed 2 other compare and contrast projects
- see (No Prep) Búsqueda/Web Quest de los Reyes Magos
THE PRACTICE: Use the Andamio slides to scaffold the lesson and break down the concept of Próxima Parada . . . ¡España! The student centered activities included in this bundle will allow independent work based on interests while maintaining structure by adhering to deadlines. An additional value to this lesson is that it affords ample opportunity for all involved to share cultural experiences based on interests as part of the class objective content and language goals.
THE PRODUCT: The resources included in Conexión Cultural provide the necessary tools to have students research a cultural topic with emphasis on establishing a goal (ACTION), a cultural connection, evidence and a final reflection.
Conexión Cultural includes a slide presentation with clear instructions for the teacher to follow the scaffolding we have used effectively in our classrooms and slides to be shared with students. We also shared our own established deadlines for 2017. Students are given a pacing guide focusing on one slide to complete and turn in, electronically, by the deadline. They are encouraged to turn in missed work with a final presentation deadline.
Conexión Cultural, lovingly encased as a zip file containing 8 different camera-ready documents, has been formatted as .pdf, .docx, and google slides for format integrity and editing as you wish and includes the following:
• The National Standards for Foreign Language Learning for each task.
• A teacher friendly, visually stimulating, slide presentation that guides the teacher through possible steps of delivery
• An overview of the project slide with deadlines clearly defined
• Slides to be shared with the student explaining each task through the duration of the project
• A letter to parents, explaining the project
• A double-sided page with rubric and helpful comments to encourage meaningful peer evaluation
• Authentic examples from 2 student projects.
• A no-stress classroom presentation strategy. This product is a stand-alone product in the Granabana store. We include it here because we prefer students perform without the stress of presenting in front of the class.
Uses for incorporating this product into your classroom seamlessly:
• Push out through Google Classroom or similar platform
• Independent study
• Whole class instruction allowing students time to work in class and independently.
We hope you and your students find this project as satisfying as in our classrooms!.
Thank you for considering purchasing this product. You work hard and you deserve a break. You have already signed on to TPT, now get credit for future purchases.
Log in to My Purchases. Next to each purchase, you will see a Provide Feedback button.
Click on it and you will be directed to where you can rate the products you have purchased. TPT donates credits to your account each time you rate a product. Here’s how it works: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Tptcredits
Don’t miss out on this loyalty program. It’s a win-win! :)