PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Use this toolkit to create the reader's workshop culture you wish to see in your room and teach into effective reading behaviors, partnership work, and basic comprehension strategies. This resource is ideal for the teacher who implements Reader's Workshop. The 27 pre-made lessons in this toolkit can be taught to small strategy groups or students in a one-on-one conference. Simply print everything, add it to your conferring binder, and use these over and over again each year.
Each small group or conferring lesson includes an anchor chart to use while teaching, a full lesson plan, any needed materials, and small student copies of the anchor chart that students can keep while practicing independently. Lessons vary in structure and include mini-inquiries, guided practice, demonstration, small group interactive read alouds, etc.
The Launching Reader's Workshop Conferring Toolkit includes:
- A Conferring Cheat Sheet, designed to help you enhance conferences
- A Strategy Group Cheat Sheet, designed to help you enhance small group lessons
- Shared Experience Cheat Sheets, designed to help you enhance shared reading, guided reading, and small group read aloud instruction
- Student Note-Taking Cheat Sheets, designed to help you take more effective notes
- Note-Taking Templates
- A Trouble-Shooting Conferences Page
- Suggested Materials List and Set-Up Guide
- Strategy Group At-A-Glance Pocket Cheat Sheets, to refer to while teaching if needed
- Conferring Toolkit Binder Covers
- Reading Behavior Lessons, Anchor Charts, and Student Anchor Charts
- Partnership Work Lessons, Anchor Charts, and Student Anchor Charts
- Basic Reading Comprehension Lessons, Anchor Charts, and Student Anchor Charts
Make sure to download the product preview! It's a great freebie to give you an idea of what this product is like!
Thank you so much for your interest in this product! Feel free to contact me with any questions or stop by my blog for more information: A Word On Third.