This is a power point presentation that I have presented to my fellow peers as well as across my district. It will certainly help make you better at reading conferences and is also a valuable tool for administrators to help the entire staff become more proficient with this skill.
In this power point you get:
1. the components of a reading conference
2. 6 expert strategies for making reading conferences better
(especially when you have not read the book)
3. 4 slides of genre characteristics: mystery, fantasy, historical
fiction, and biography
4. strategies on how to get information out of a student during a
5. slides that include the characteristics of reading levels N- W
As a teacher, I have engaged in thousands of reading conferences, and these strategies come from my own experiences as well as those of others within the field. It will benefit novice teachers and veteran teachers alike.