It’s time to stop struggling with the teacher resume writing process. Get the high quality, practical career advice you deserve.
Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter: How to Create an Extraordinary Resume and Hook Your Dream Job details exactly what today’s teacher needs to construct an exceptional resume and manage a job search that attracts the attention of recruiters and principals at your dream schools.
Written by Tracy Brisson, a former Director of Teacher Recruitment for all of New York City’s public schools who now recruits teachers nationwide for districts and charter schools, Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter provides step-by-step resume tips for newly certified recent graduates & students, career changers, experienced teachers who are exploring new opportunities, and anyone who is thinking about becoming a teacher.
Over her career, Tracy has reviewed 20,000+ educator resumes, hired thousands of applicants into teaching positions, and… more importantly, rejected three times as many prospective job seekers. Learn from her expertise so you can conquer the hiring game.
You should read Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter if you’re ready to receive help with your job search, such as…
- Teacher resume examples that outline how to demonstrate your excellence
- Detailed checklists to help to create your specific and unique resume
- Interviews with teachers who were successful in their job hunt
- Funny stories from almost 15 years of recruiting teachers
- Confessions on what hiring professionals really think about when reviewing resumes
Since debuting in June 2013, the book has appeared on Amazon.com’s list of the Top 25 bestselling resume advice books multiple times.
In addition, readers of Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter will learn how to…
- Format your resume so it’s not thrown away when it’s opened
- Pass the cover letter test
- Master your online presence and have offers come to you
- Maintain a great attitude throughout a stressful job search
- Learn from sample teacher resumes that demonstrate career excellence
What People Are Saying About Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter
“Thanks so much for the helpful and engaging read! I was able to really improve my resume in ways I never would’ve thought to. I especially appreciated your honesty!”
- Anna D., NYC Teacher and Teachers College Student
"This book is magical! I had applied for over 75 jobs in my area and never even got the interview. I read the first few chapters of this book, tweaked my resume the next day, and got hired within a week after sending out my resume to a new batch of districts…"
-A. Ross, Washington Teacher
“[The book] is a straight-talking quest to transform terrible resumes into terrific ones, with advice on topics from what experiences to include to how to utilize social media. Like any good teacher, [Brisson] includes ample checklists, samples, mini-assignments, and a healthy dose of encouragement for what’s often a difficult job search.”
- One Day Magazine
Are you ready to launch your teaching career?
Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter is available as an ebook and paperback.