PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This packet contains SIX lessons and activities to teach about the Confiteor Prayer from the Catholic Mass Liturgy. Students will interact with the prayer to learn the words as well as the meaning behind the prayer. They will think about the purpose of the prayer, and build their religion vocabulary.
· Page 4: Full Prayer--This can be used this as an answer key, and also as a puzzle. It can be cut into strips or smaller pieces for students to put together while thinking through the prayer.
· Pages 5-6: Understanding the prayer--this worksheet requires students to write the meaning of each line of the prayer. This will help students slow down and think about the meaning behind the words.
· Page 7: Fill-in-the-blanks--Students can scaffold their practice with the prayer by filling in the blanks on this worksheet.
· Page 8: Prayer Maze--Students follow the words of the prayer through the puzzle. This works well laminated and placed in a station for students to recite the prayer repeatedly while traveling through the maze.
· Pages 9-10: Handwriting--Students can trace the prayer to practice handwriting and spelling. This is available in print or cursive.
· Pages 11-13: Vocabulary--There are three ability levels for the vocabulary sheets. Students can fill out the blank sheet with a definition, example, and non-example. Or, students can receive a worksheet that is partially filled out or completely filled out. Vocabulary words included: Confiteor, Confess, Almighty, Sinned, Fault, Grievous, Blessed, Angels, Saints, Lord