Middle school students learn ways to resolve conflicts and understand its significance.
Adolescence is a time filled with identity crises and relationship struggles. As teenagers start to develop their independence, they become more vulnerable to conflicts with people in their social circle such as family and friends. Help your students effectively cope with these dilemmas.
This project aims to develop middle schooler’s well-being through peaceful conflict resolutions. It comprises strategies, activities, and lessons that provide students with self-integrated practices to know themselves profoundly and learn the value of relationships.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Creative and interactive DIY Dodecahedron Activity.
· Roleplaying activity with real life scenario cards.
· Article on understanding adolescent conflicts with 3 SAT Prep Questions.
· 10 Conflict Resolution Strategies for Teenagers.
· Teacher Guide that includes tips and tricks for classroom management and activity presentation.
Grade Level: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and homeschool
Duration: 2 Weeks (10 hours)
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their own learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!