My students get SO fired up during this lesson. They leave the room heatedly debating the way Confucianism plays out in Asian culture today, and never forget the key ideas of Confucianism in Chinese culture. They especially like talking about how they see the impact of Confucianism in school performance and college admittance.
- Complete a reading (with primary source excerpts) and answer questions on Confucianism.
- Discuss the historical impact of Confucianism in China.
- Read a New York Times article and debate the impact of Confucianism on Asian culture today.
- Detailed lesson plan
- Confucianism reading and questions
- Teacher key
- GRAPES chart graphic organizer for HW assignment
You may be interested in these other lessons:
"Early Chinese Dynasties: Shang, Zhou, and the Mandate of Heaven" "Ancient Chinese Philosophies: Legalism, Confucianism, and Daoism" "The Qin Dynasty’s Shi Huangdi: Brilliant Administrator or Brutal Tyrant?" "Women’s Lives in Classical China"
GET FREE TPT CREDITS:
If you use this product, please leave a review! Not only is it helpful for me, you can get feedback credits on future purchases! Simply go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a follower to be the first to hear about flash freebies, discounts, and new products!