This is complete 50 minute station lesson on Congress. I have my students spend 8 minutes per station. There are five stations included with an additional homework assignment attached if they finish a station early. This lesson was designed in word and can be modified to fit the needs of your classroom.
- Station 1: Powers of Congress Reading and Discussion
- Station 2: Bicameral Legislature Notes
- Station 3: Video url provided and questions (must have access to one computer)
- Station 4: Political Cartoons
- Station 5: Pork barreling and Earmarks Web Search (must have access to a device or two to share with a partner - phone, tablet, or computer)
- Incumbency Homework