The following is a two day (75 minute periods) common core-based lesson/worksheet on Congressional (Radical) Reconstruction after the Civil War. This lesson contains a wide variety of student-centered activities designed to promote class discussion and critical thinking skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Freedmen’s Bureau
• Black codes
• Rise of the Radical Republicans
• 14th Amendment
• Reconstruction Act of 1867
• Impeachment of Andrew Johnson
The following activities are included as well:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Numerous primary and Secondary source readings with appropriate scaffolding questions
• Group creation of a Radical Reconstruction plan
• Link to video “Reconstruction: The Second Civil War” – includes several questions
• 20 fact-based and critical thinking questions perfect for class discussion
Since this worksheet is on a Word document, feel free to cut or add anything you like. Please leave feedback if you purchase this worksheet. Please follow me to receive updates when new products are uploaded. Thank you very much!