PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Congruent Triangle Proof: Fix Common Mistakes!
Quick Questions is an activity that helps students identify and correct common math mistakes! It is great for reviewing multiple concepts before a quiz or test. Students have fantastic conversations during this activity and the best part is that it’s so quick and it really gets students talking!
This activity can be used in many ways, and here are some ideas on how it can be used in class:
1. Each question in the activity has two answer choices: “Answer A” or “Answer B.” There is one correct answer choice and one decoy answer choice.
2. Students complete each question individually or in pairs. Ask students to try to find all the correct answers together. The opportunity for collaboration creates productive mathematical discourse.
3. Then, provide the answer key either in paper form or on the board and ask students which questions they would like you to go over! Students only need to say which number to go over, which helps all students to feel comfortable asking questions.
4. Conceptual Learning: Use the blank quick questions sheet for students to come with their own correct and decoy answers! They can then trade with their partner or another pair and complete each other’s questions!
5. Critical Writing: Copy the Error Analysis page for students to write critically about the questions and explain the mistakes on selected questions. Teachers can choose the questions they write about or students can choose!
6. Other uses:
Quick questions could be used as a warm-up or exit ticket. It could also be used as a section on a quiz or test.