This set of twenty task cards is broken into five groups of four cards. Each set of the four cards focuses on a different type of question:
• Set 1: Describe the Congruent Triangles and give the reason
• Set 2: Explain why.
• Set 3: Fill in information.
• Set 4. Finish the reasoning
• Set 5: Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles are Congruent (CPCTC)
There are several ways you can use the cards. Each student should receive a recording sheet where they will record the task card number and their solution to the problem on that card.
• You can set up 5 stations for students to visit. At each station students would find the four cards with questions. The teacher could decide how many of the four cards each student must complete.
• Give the students a limited amount of time to work at each station. Collect student recording sheets and assign grades based on how many questions a student answer correctly.
• Pair students to work together as partners to complete some of the task cards. Give one recording sheet to each pair of students. Each person takes turn writing the solutions to the problems.
• Divide you class into four groups. Distribute one card from each set to each group. The group should complete a presentation on how they solved each of their task cards. The groups will present their solutions to other groups.
The sets of cards can be easily sorted by their color.
A complete set of solutions is included.
This set of cards is identical to the set of cards entitled “Congruent Triangle Task Cards, but without the QR Codes.”