This unit contains notes and practice to teach students how to graph conic sections, write equations in standard form, and find details about the conic (foci, etc.). There is a PowerPoint Presentation for each of the conic sections (Parabolas, Circles, Ellipses, and Hyperbolas). They include real-life examples, definitions, formulas, visuals, and algebraic examples. There is a Students Notes file that goes with each PowerPoint.
The bundle includes:
- Parabolas PowerPoint (15 slides)
- Parabolas Student Notes (1 page)
- Parabolas Warm-ups (2)
- Circle PowerPoint (8 slides)
- Circles Student Notes (1 page)
- Circles Warm-ups (2)
- Ellipses PowerPoint (13 slides)
- Ellipses Student Notes (2 pages)
- Ellipses Warm-up (1)
- Hyperbolas PowerPoint (12 slides)
- Hyperbolas Student Notes (2 pages)
- Hyperbolas Warm-up (1)
Files are in .pdf and .ppt formats.
Note: Answers to the warm-ups are not included.