Blend creativity and math skills with this conic sections project
. Students demonstrate their understanding of the four types of conic sections through this project in which student create their own themed images using parabolas, circles, ellipses, and hyperbolas. Student-tested and approved! Great for assessment.
This resource includes:
- Student project guidelines
- Teacher's guide for different ways to use project and extensions.
* The graphs for this project could be completed using Desmos or another online graphing program and then printed.
This resource available as part of:
- Conic Sections Resource Bundle
- PreCalculus Projects: PreCalculus Project Bundle
- All about PreCalculus: PreCalculus Mega Resource Bundle
Other Conic section resources include:
- Conic Sections Parabola Puzzle Activity for Algebra 2 or PreCalculus
- Conic Sections Circles Interactive Notebook Color Coded Notes
- Conic Sections Classification Card Sort Activity for Algebra 2 or PreCalculus
- Conic Sections Ellipses Interactive Notebook Color Coded Notes (coming end of April 2017)
- Conic Sections Ellipses Activity (coming end of April 2017)
- Conic Sections Hyperbolas Interactive Notebook Color Coded Notes (coming May 2017)
- Conic Sections Hyperbolas Activity (coming end of May 2017)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.