Get students moving around the room and working together to work with conic sections on these 8 Station Cards. Includes a student recording sheet and teacher answer key.
These stations require knowledge of:
- Graphing and writing equations of ellipses, circles, parabolas, and hyperbolas
- Identify focus, directrix, and axis of symmetry for parabolas
- Identify center and radius of a circle
- Identify the vertices, co-vertices, and foci of an ellipse
- Identify the vertices, foci, and asymptotes of a hyperbola
**Also included is a practice worksheet to give in-class or as homework as a follow-up review**
Print out station cards and post them around the room. Give each student an answer sheet to record their work and their answers. Break students into groups and assign them a station to start. Then have students rotate through the stations. You can set a timer for a designated amount of time at each station (I recommend 5-6 minutes).
This product is also found AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE in the Algebra 2 MEGA Bundle
You may also like...
- Rational Exponents and Radical Expressions Stations
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions Stations
- Polynomial Functions Stations
- Rational Expressions Stations