After watching SchoolHouse Rock's "Conjunction Junction" song, I was inspired to create a quick worksheet to help my middle school students practice writing sentences using comma + FANBOYS.
I used this with my 7th and 8th grade students and didn't want it to look too "babyish" by having actual trains on the paper, so I used simple boxes.
Having the boxes separated and spaced out signaled to the students that there should be 3 separate parts in each sentence.
Have them use a highlighter color to mark the commas-- many of my students told me later that the 3 boxes and repetive color choice for commas really stayed in their brain!
This is a quick activity that will work well for a station, quick warm-up as you take attendance, mini lesson, advisory/enrichment period, etc.
**** Additional Lanuage Arts Products that You Might Love ****
• Author’s Purpose- PIE-Dominoe Matching Pairs Game
• Conjunction Trains Worksheet
• ELA Foldable- The Writing Process
• Correcting Celebrity TWEETS- Semi-colon and Colons Practice!
• Practice Semi-Colons and Colons by Writing Tweets!
• Homonyms Practice: Their, They’re, and There
• ZOMBIE Themed Semi-Colon and Colons Practice
• I have...Who Has… VERBS-Fun Zombie Edition
• Parts of Speech Sorting Game
• Prepositions BINGO game
• Writing with Transitions-ELA Storyboards
• Writing Bio Poems-Poetry Month, ELA Creative Writing
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!