Conjunctions Grammar Lesson
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Teaching grammar is EASY with this bundle of SIXTY-SIX grammar activities for upper elementary. These high-interest activities are the perfect set of lessons for teaching grammar skills in fourth or fifth grades! How can I use these resources in my classroom?Try setting up a weekly grammar rotationPrice $103.99Original Price $207.67Save $103.68
- Need a ready-to-teach grammar lesson? They’re all right here. This is a MASSIVE bundle of ALL my Giggles and Grammar Lesson slides! Your students will absolutely love learning all about critical grammar skills with these high-interest grammar lesson slides designed to make teaching grammar easy forPrice $37.99Original Price $58.00Save $20.01
- Do your students love grammar? Using 'Giggles and Grammar' is the best way to engage students in meaningful grammar lessons that engage and inspire. Teaching grammar in upper elementary has never been so much fun! Really. This upper elementary grammar program is chock-full of giggle-worthy passagesPrice $76.99Original Price $153.71Save $76.72
Your students will absolutely love learning all about conjunctions with this high-interest grammar lesson that is ready to teach and SO engaging. Learn all about the three types of conjunctions: coordinating, subordinating, and correlative. Teaching grammar skills is SO MUCH FUN with Giggles and Grammar!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This can be used as a standalone grammar lesson, but it has been specifically designed to accompany my grammar practice program, !
Tell me more about this conjunctions lesson!
This resource includes 15 teaching slides focusing on 3 kinds of conjunctions: coordinating, subordinating, and correlative. The slides have been carefully designed to introduce the new grammar concept, give opportunities for guided practice, provide partner talk prompts, and end with independent practice ideas for journals.
There’s no prep required, just start the presentation and go!
What’s included in this conjunctions lesson?
- Step-by-step slides to introduce coordinating, subordinating, and correlative conjunctions and practice finding/using them in engaging activities.
- INTRODUCE IT - Define and explore the new grammar skill
- PAUSE & PONDER – Work as a group to fix engaging examples
- TURN & TALK – Partner questions to reinforce the new skills
- FIX IT UP – Practice using and identifying conjunctions in a sentence
- YOUR TURN TO GIGGLE – Use a picture to try out your new grammar skills in action. Then, follow the journaling prompt to tie it all together.
Are student worksheets included?
This lesson includes only the teaching slides and group activities. However, the final slide(s) include samples for students to correct in a notebook, and an engaging journal prompt. Coordinating student worksheets about conjunctions can be found HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: The sentences and examples in this lesson are SILLY… very silly! Be prepared for a classroom full of giggles as you explore conjunctions
Google Slides: Includes text boxes if you’d like students to type in answers.
PowerPoint: Embedded slides for projecting.
The document is NOT editable.
Grade Levels: This resource is best for grades 3 and up.
⭐⭐Need more grammar practice? Check out these resources!⭐⭐
Rapid Read and Review Grammar Skills
Language Skill Weekly Quick Checks
Daily Language Skill Spiral Review
Language Arts Grammar Games Bundle
This conjunctions lesson is sure to bring out the giggles in your classroom - it’s such a FUN way to explore grammar!
© Teaching with a Mountain View
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.