I use this unit in my 5th grade Word Works (language and writing) interactive notebooks. The page numbers on the PowerPoint correspond to pages in my students’ Word Works notebooks, but these can easily be used independently of interactive notebooks.
This Conjunctions lesson series is meant to last two weeks.
- Week One: Writing piece, Conjunctions Lesson with Guided Practice, Quiz #1.
- Week Two: Reteach/Enrichment, Revision/Editing of writing piece based on the language skill, Quiz #2.
The bundle includes:
- Conjunctions PowerPoint that focuses on defining the types and functions of conjunctions. It begins with a writing exercise that students will go back and revise to include and identify conjunctions.
- A note taking guide for the PowerPoint with fill-in-the-blanks to keep students accountable.
- A master of a writing scoring guide that I print directly onto lined paper for the final draft writing piece.
- An 8-1/2" x 11" printable handout that features sections on the types and functions of conjunctions.
- Two versions of a conjunctions quiz with answer keys.
I hope you find these useful for your teaching as well!
Your purchase entitles you to use this product in your classroom. Thank you for not distributing this product or any adaptations of this product. Please direct those interested in these resources to my TPT page.