In this conjunctive adverbs grammar lesson mini unit, you will find several tools to help students become stronger writers:
1. a direct instruction PPT which can be edited by adding and removing slides
2. a pre-assessment and post-assessment, which are formatted exactly the same but contain different questions to track growth
3. four quick-check practice half sheets to help students practice skills chunked by topic - front, middle, and back use of conjunctive adverbs
4. a manipulative activity to scaffold and reinforce the skills for students who need more practice in a different format - great for small group intervention
5. suggested use that walks you through how I use these materials in my classroom on a day-by-day basis
6. answer keys for all assignments and quizzes
This mini unit can be used in its entirety, or you can pull out the individual parts your students currently need. The entire unit can take six class periods, but according to the outline included, not every class period would be full of grammar instruction. I like to chunk my grammar lessons. After each chunked grammar lesson, use the rest of your ELA period to cover other reading, writing, speaking, or listening skills in your curriculum.
I hope this mini unit helps you to deliver effective grammar instruction so that your students better understand conjunctive adverbs. The goals are for students to identify conjunctive adverbs, punctuate them correctly, and apply them in their writing.
If you like this product, you may also be interested in other grammar items available in my store, like these:
Grammar Games Bundle
Sentence Types Unit
Verbals Unit Bundle
Subjects and Predicates Bundle
Rules for Commas & Semicolons
Sentence Fluency Lesson
And more here!
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.