How to Play Connect Four:
1. Project the accompanying PowerPoint slide on your class board.
2. Organize your class into pairs or small groups (heterogeneous would be best).
3. Each group starts with a card (your choosing of topic). Once the pair/group answers the problem, have them show you their answer.
4. If an answer is correct, allow student one student from the pair/group put a sticky note in a Connect Four spot.
5. Strategy: Pairs/groups can “block” one another from getting Connect Four, just like in the real game!
6. The first pair/group with four in a row, wins! I usually give some kind of incentive reward to use on their upcoming quiz/test for winning.
Borders were purchased from Lovin Lit
Purchased from Hello Literacy (Hello Fonts)
Secondary Math Stations. All Rights Reserved. Your download includes a limited use license from Secondary Math Stations. The use of this resource is intended for personal classroom use by one teacher only. If you would like to purchase additional licenses, please select the appropriate option at checkout.