Conquering Monster Math
1st - 4th
Mondays in my classroom math class could be hard because the kids dreaded coming back to school and doing their math. I devised this activity to help keep it fun and light on Mondays. It worked so well!
The accompanying worksheet set is designed to be used for a math activity, Marvelous Math Monsters. For information on this activity be sure to check out my blog post: Conquer Math Monsters with Monday Math Marvels
1. Each student is given one of the My Monster Math worksheets.
2. The classroom is set up with a number of math centers.
3. After completing each math activity, the student may add one monster component of their choice
to their monster face.
4. Each week I vary the monster face and the craft items used to keep it fresh and exciting for the kids.
The monster face components can be comprised of anything that is available in your classroom and what type of materials work best for your students’ ages and abilities.
Components I have used include google eyes, wikki sticks, pipe cleaners, buttons, ric-rac, pom poms, foam shapes, colored and textured papers, ribbon, cup cake liners, and much more..
Assign each face component a number on a dice. When the activity is completed, the kids roll it and add the component that matches the number on the die.
PREP FOR USE
1. Print out the monster face sheet of your choice. Gather your craft items and HAVE FUN!
CONTACT AND FOLLOW-UP
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact
me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find me at SpecialEdSpot.com and Facebook Special Ed SpotRelated Products
• Adding Mittens Count, Add and Learn BOOK BUNDLE
• Addition Real-Life Word Problems BUNDLE 1-20
• Counting 1-10 Activity Worksheet Set
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.