Order of Operations & Solving Equations (One-Step and Two-Step Equations) without negative numbers - Practice / Review with a Unique Game:
This risk-taking strategy game of conquering territories offers a fun way to practice math skills. This discounted set includes THREE card sets to use in an ongoing version of the game (three for the price of two!).
Your students can continue playing the same game with the same opponent throughout the school year as they learn each type of equation. You can also mix the card sets together as review. Here are the included sets:
- Order of Operations Conquest Game (no negatives)
- One Step Equations Conquest Game (no negatives)
- Two Step Equations Conquest Game (no negatives)
With each "attack," players must solve the problem on the card. The battle result is determined by the solution. Soldiers are lost and gained until students slowly conquer one another's territories on the map.
Take a look at the preview file for game rules.
This is a two-player game. Each student in the pair will need a different color dry-erase marker to keep track of soldiers on the laminated map.
- map (must be printed and laminated only once)
- game rules (half sheet to print for each group only once)
- cards with expressions & equations (print and cut for each group for each game)
- "Battle Results" chart (half sheet to print for each group)
- teacher directions
Here is a video
showing how to play!
You may also like:
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle
Simplifying & Evaluating Expressions - GridWords
Fractions, Decimals, & Percents - Leveled War Games