Looking for differentiated activities to introduce, or review, Conservation of Matter? Check out the Student Learning Stations covering this topic! Stations are a great way to get your students up and moving around the room; while differentiating to meet the needs of the various learners in your classroom.
As someone who has employed stations in my own classroom, these activities are a great way to engage and motivate students; and allow you to act as a facilitator or work with small groups of struggling learners.
This station learning set is part of a GROWING bundle
of Chemistry Student Learning Station
sets (13). It is currently being offered at a reduced price as it is incomplete; however, it will increase in price as the other components are added. Purchase now to receive all the updates! Click HERE to learn more about the Chemistry Student Learning Stations Bundle
Notes about this product:
[A] This product includes 7 differentiated stations:
-----Teacher and Stations Directions / Printing Overview
-----Literacy: Reading Station
• 1-full page reading over chemical reactions
• 4 Task Cards reviewing the reading article
• This station will help you incorporate reading into your science classroom
• 4 Task Cards with guiding and critical thinking questions
• 3 Balancing Chemical Equations figures/illustrations
• Students will use information provided to determine missing information from the chemical equations.
• 4 Task Cards
• Internet access is required, as well as access to a calculator.
• This station will help students practice their balancing chemical equation skills.
• Two Versions (A) and (B)
• Each version comes with 8 Task Cards
• Element and compound cards with reaction symbols (manipulative)
• All questions for this station can be answered by viewing the video (less than 7 minutes)
• This station contains two versions that each have 4 hands-on activities to help with student understanding of chemical equations and how to balance them.
• Vocabulary puzzles
• This station requires students to correctly piece together puzzle pieces that contain a definition, term, and figure/illustration.
-----Literacy: Writing Station
• 2 Task Cards
• 2 writing prompts are included to have students synthesize what they have learned from all the stations. It is highly recommended that students complete this station toward the end.
• This station will help you incorporate writing into your classroom.
• 4 Task Cards (14 questions)
• This station formatively assesses if students are able to meet the Student Learning Station objectives.
--Student pages and teacher answer key included (pgs. 36-43)
--Teacher preparation is required and printing several of the pages in color is encouraged (as outlined in the teacher directions inside the product).
[B] You may click here to view the copyright for my products, which will be strictly enforced
; however, it is listed in the product. A single purchase of this product is for individual classroom use by the purchaser only. Additional licenses may be purchased for wide-use distribution (e.g.teacher-to-teacher, departmental, campus, district, region etc.). Disregarding the copyright of this product may subject you to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and legal action.
"Bond with James" on social media for additional insights, videos, freebies strategies, and more! !
Conservation of Matter Student Learning Stations created by © James Lyas (Bond with James), All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: This product contains a flattened PDF file with copyrighted images and therefore, it is not editable.
About Bond with James
James is currently a high school science teacher. He has experience as a speaker at local and state conferences. Moreover, James has experience as a high school assistant principal and as a district-level science instructional specialist (supporting teachers across 17 high school campuses in a large, urban district).