This product now includes 8 files, all to increase fluency with consonant blends. Included are:
1. One set of polka dot flashcards. All 78 words have either initial or final consonant blends, and all words have short vowels. 17 pages of flashcard fun!
2. Four consonant blend fluency charts; for R blends, L blends, S blends, and final blends. These can be used in your small groups as one minute reads, timed reads, or warm-ups.
3. Three different word sorting activities. One sorting is for R blends and L blends in a T-Chart. One is for L blends and S blends in a Venn Diagram. The last is for Initial and Final blends in a shape map. These are great for word work! Each sort has two versions-cut & paste and writing. Also included is one sheet of consonant blend fluency sentences. Again, these are great to use in small groups as a warm up to reading a text. You can also use them for partner reading or individual reading practice. This file has 13 pages.
4. Differentiated Consonant Blend worksheets. (This product contains 12 worksheets, 3 for each blend type (r, l, s, and final). Worksheets for blend type are differentiated. The easy level has cut and paste matching word to picture, the mid-level has a word bank and space for students to write in a word next to each picture. The high-level has pictures without a word bank and students write in each word. There is also a space on the bottom for students to write a sentence.) This file is 14 pages. You can find this product for sale individually here
5 & 6. Consonant Blend Picture cards. 15 pages of picture cards (4 to a page, 42 words total). These are great to use in your small group instruction to have students practice blending, segmenting, and isolating sounds in words. One set is in black and white, one set is in color. u can find this product for sale individually here
7. Sound boxes for mapping out sounds. 3-box, 4-box, and 5-box. 3 pages.
8. 5 Consonant Blend worksheets to practice mapping and writing words. The blends are mixed up in these worksheets. 8 pages. You can find this product for sale individually here
These would be great to use in your small groups to teach consonant blends, or as materials in your centers. I find these products especially useful to teach intervention. Students can work individually, or in pairs to read flashcards and sort words. Fluency charts are great to use as a warm up before reading decodable text, or as timed reads. Flashcards are ready to print on cardstock, cut apart and use. I like to put them on a binder ring.
These files are all saved in PDF format in a Zip file. Please make sure you can open Zip files before purchasing!
Do you love a bundle? Then you might also like my Magic e Fluency Bundle
, CVC Word Fluency Bundle
, or my Consonant Digraph Fluency Bundle
I hope you enjoy!