Keep phonics fun and easy for you with these DONE FOR YOU consonant blends worksheets that are perfect for literacy centers.
The puzzles and worksheets give kids lots of practice segmenting and blending words. These skills they will need as they work with more complex words.
Three types of VCC, CVCC, and CCVC puzzles have been included for the varying ability levels in your class.
- Puzzles with a picture and the whole word for students to read.
- Puzzles with a picture and the whole word for students to read and trace.
- Puzzles with a picture and no word for students to write in the word.
Also included are word building worksheets where your students can trace and write the consonant blends words. These worksheets can also be made into word building puzzles.
Your students need to put the puzzle back together, in the correct sequence, to make a word. They then read the word aloud and finish by writing the word on a whiteboard.
The puzzles in this pack are split into two sets of words.
- Set 1: VCC and CVCC words; and
- Set 2: CCVC words.
Each set of puzzles and worksheets includes a word overview sheet. This sheet provides all of the words used.
There are many ways you can use the puzzles and word building worksheets, including
- Independent practice in class.
- Small group work.
- Part of a literacy center.
- Review and remediation.
- Home practice and consolidation.
Download the preview to view a sample of the consonant blends worksheets and puzzles.
You might also be interested in
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases.