Are you looking for a way to engage your learners while learning or reviewing consonant digraphs? Write the room is a fun and interactive way to get your students moving around the classroom. After placing word/concept cards around the classroom, students will walk around with a clipboard and recording sheet. Students write the words/answers they find on your chosen recording sheet.
Please note that the CH, SH, TH, and WH sets focus on initial sounds. However, the PH set focuses on any words that include the ph sound (initial, medial, or final).
In each digraph set, you will find:
- 12 color write the room cards WITH words
- 12 black and white write the room cards WITH words
- Recording Sheet: students write the words to match each picture
- 12 color write the room cards WITHOUT words
- 12 black and white write the room cards WITHOUT words
- Recording Sheet: students write the words under the correct word ending
The SAME words and/or pictures are used on all included sets.
CH: chain, chair, champ, chart, check, cheese, chess, chest, chew, chimp, chin, chips
PH: alphabet, dolphin, elephant, gopher, graph, microphone, nephew, phone, photo, sphere, trophy, xylophone
SH: shapes, shark, shed, sheep, shell, ship, shirt, shoes, shop, shorts, shovel, shut
TH: thick, thigh, thin, think, third, thirteen, thirty, thorn, throne, through, throw, thumb
WH: whack, whale, wheat, wheel, whip, whisk, whisker, whisper, whistle, white, whiteboard, why