Also included in
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$140.00$170.00Save $30.00
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$185.00$236.50Save $51.50
If you are teaching about the Constellations you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint, student notes, practice questions and formative assessment pieces – all are completely editable! This lesson bundle also includes an amazing activity in which you will turn your classroom into a Celestial Dome! Your students will ADORE this activity. I’m sharing my love of Astronomy with you, in hopes that your students will love it too!
Student learning goals for the Constellations Lesson:
• differentiate between constellations and asterisms
• describe how Earth’s orbit affects the visible constellations throughout the year
• explain how to use stars and constellations for navigation
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive:
★ 2-page lesson plan (PDF and editable Microsoft Word).
★ 25-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 6-page editable student notes (PDF and editable Microsoft Word) that coordinate with the PowerPoint in a fill-in-the-blank style, that includes 8 homework/practice questions (4 pages of notes, 2 pages of homework questions). A teacher version with blanks filled in is also provided in both file types.
★ 16 pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 8 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 8 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file).
★ 39 pages of posters and instructions to turn your classroom into a celestial dome. Two different versions are included for the Northern Hemisphere and for the Southern Hemisphere. In this activity, you will place a light source in the center of the room (representing the Sun) and have posters for each month nearby on the floor representing the Earth’s position throughout the year. Around the room will be posters of constellations. This way students can see why some constellations are visible only during certain times of the year. For an extension, there are also the Northern Hemisphere’s and Southern Hemisphere's circumpolar constellations. Use those on your ceiling (or higher up on the walls) to show why some constellations are always visible. Seasonal constellations are included too, if you want to extend this lesson even further. Don’t worry, all instructions and classroom maps are included! (PDF files: Northern Hemisphere: 39 pages of letter-sized posters and instructions, optionally tabloid size included. Southern Hemisphere: 37 pages of letter-sized posters and instructions, optional tabloid size included).
MOST RESOURCES ARE EDITABLE. The posters are not editable to comply with clip artists’ copyright rules.
This lesson can further be supported by the Constellations Astronomy Doodle Note and Anchor Chart
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.