This bundle saves you a $1.00 if you plan on getting the PowerPoint and the differentiated instruction lesson plan!
The PowerPoint provides two ability levels of the same content to differentiate instruction; basic and enriched. Although it is based on the seventh grade NYS social studies curriculum, it will work for high school too because of the enriched level.
The following is the content:
Annapolis Convention, 1786
1. Impracticality of correcting weaknesses in Articles of Confederation
2. Need for an improved form of government without losing key elements of a new philosophy of government
3. Decision to write a constitution
The headings of the slides are as follows:
2. Essential Questions
3. When and Where?
4. Who was there?
5. Why was the Convention called?
6. Impracticality of Correcting Weaknesses in Articles of Confederation
7. What did they decide?
8. Essential Questions
These are the vocabulary words that are used in the PowerPoint and lesson plan:
1. Indirect Representation: definitions are included
These are the essential questions:
1. Why was a new constitution necessary?
2. What was the importance of the Annapolis Convention?
The differentiated instruction lesson plan includes the following:
1. Lesson Plan
2. 3 Ability Levels of Vocabulary Sheets
3. Enriched Note Sheet for both Ability Levels of the PowerPoint
4. Basic Note Sheet for Enriched PowerPoint
5. Basic Note Sheet for Basic PowerPoint
6. Enriched Primary Source Activity (Annapolis Convention)
7. Basic Primary Source Activity (Annapolis Convention)
8. Primary Source Activity Answer Key
Below are the links to the two parts of this bundle so that you can see the ratings and comments:
Constitution Annapolis Convention Differentiated Instruction Lesson Plan
Constitution Annapolis Convention PowerPoint
This is part of an even larger CONSTITUTION UNIT BUNDLE. You save $27.00 when you purchase the unit bundle instead of each piece individually. You can find it here: Constitution Unit BUNDLE Common Core & Differentiated Instruction
Why are there two ability levels provided? My co-teacher in the past has had a room that was available for us to use. We would split up the class a lot and both teach at different ability levels. The periods that I didn't have a co-teacher, I chose the ability level that was most appropriate for each of those periods.
This PowerPoint and lesson plan were last revised on 10/28/2013. All links worked on that day. I cannot guarantee any of the links because I do not control the internet. Thank you in advance for rating and commenting about this PowerPoint. Please be as specific as possible when you comment so that it provides other teachers the knowledge of why you rated the way you did. For instance, if you think that there is an inaccuracy, please state what it is. I take into consideration all ratings and comments when I revise my products. You help me become a better teacher and writer.
Constitution Annapolis Convention BUNDLE
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com