A Common Core-friendly B-D-A Literacy Activity that examines the origins of the United States first attempt at self-governance: Articles of Confederation.
- Students will examine eight primary and secondary sources in order to analyze and interpret the strengths and weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation
- This activity can be utilized at any point during your examination of the AoC.
- This activity, plus much, much more is included in my Constitution Unit Plan ($4.95)..."More bang for your buck"
- All documents are included with this purchase
- Includes a brief historiography of the events leading up to the adoption of the AoC and the period leading up to the writing of the Constitution
What is a CSI? Simple answer: it is a teacher-created DBQ (sort of) that walks the students through a very specific period or event in history; however, instead of asking the students to respond to a few questions per document, students are asked to pull relevant and important information from each document, and then make connections. In other words, it is much, much more than a simple and old-fashion DBQ. It requires critical thinking and group participation (can be completed indiv.). Most importantly, it is a Common Core-friendly activity. Great activity for those APPR's!!!