These paired passages include two nonfiction passages focused on the U.S. Constitution and Constitution Day. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what close reading activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage about the U.S. Constitution
- 1 nonfiction passage about Constitution Day
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions with answer key
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort with answer key
- Evidence from the text task
- Using nonfiction text features task
- Summary organizer
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Government Reading Comprehension Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
US Government Paired Passages
Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt Paired Passages
September 11th Paired Passages
Columbus Day Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!