This unit is highly rigorous, exploring the American Constitution. It is aligned with Language Arts and Social Studies Common Core standards that will keep your students engaged.
This package is fully loaded with informational text, primary source documents, 17 PowerPoint Presentations, video clips, and a proven evidence-based writing strategy. AND this package includes level 2 and 3 Depth of Knowledge (DOK) questions, and this unit has been differentiated to support students with learning disabilities and English Language Learners.
Included are lessons on the following:
1.) Writing the Constitution
- Federalism, Virginia Plan, New Jersey Plan, Great Compromise, Three-Fifths Compromise, Bill of Rights
2.) Constitutional Principles
- Popular Sovereignty, Federalism, Separation of Powers, Republicanism, Checks and Balances, Limited Government, Individual Rights, Image Activity, Quotes Activity
3.) The Constitution and Current Events
– Case Studies
- Assembly – Long Range Acoustic Device; Speech – Burning Korans; Press – Glen Greenwald; Religion – Park51 Mosque
- Believe it or not, there was a story in the news about this one!
- Boston Marathon Bombing, NSA
- Text Messaging
You can use these lesson in a number of ways and your students will have a lot of fun
Mr. C's History Class