These are all the materials I created to teach the Constitutional Convention of 1789 and the respective history in Georgia including Georgia's Constitutions of 1777 and 1789 and Georgia's role in the Constitutional Convention. The zip file contains 7 documents (3 word files and 4 power points). The preview allows you to view pictures of all the documents and they are described below. Thank you for looking and please let me know if you have any questions.
1. GA Constitution of 1777 PPT: this slide show includes a warm-up that has the students read an excerpt of the primary document (questions and excerpts are included), a map of GA's first counties, a graphic comparing the structure of GA's 1st constitution to the US Constitution, a graphic organizer with notes, and a summarizing activity with a student model.
2. Constitution of 1777 Excerpts - to be used with the power point.
3. Constitutional Convention PPT: this slide show includes a slide with basic information on the convention, one GA factoid, an organizer with notes on GA's Constitution of 1789, and a Venn diagram summarizing activity that has the students compare GA's 1777 and 1789 Constitutions.
4. Problems and Solutions at the Constitutional Convention: this slide show presents three of the compromises made at the convention (slavery, representation, and electing the president). It also includes an electoral college map with a link to the 2008 presidential election map to aid in explaining the electoral college.
5. Problem and Solution Organizer: this is the worksheet / graphic organizer for the students to use for notes on the PPT described in #4.
6. Venn for the Quiz: this document is the quiz I used for Georgia's Constitutions of 1777 and 1789. It has the Venn, a sentence bank, and tells the students how many facts to put into each section of the Venn. The students have to use the bank to complete the Venn diagram on the two constitutions.
7. Venn Key PPT: the answer key for the Venn diagram quiz.