Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire AP U.S. Government course which includes pacing, unit tests, and a 4-week review session prior to the AP exam here: AP U.S. Government Complete Course
I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because I only had enough for a class set. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook at home to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. If you are the type of teacher who does not like the idea of guided lecture then this bundle is not for you. Everything I have created stems off of that. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments, which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework.
I created this bundle for an AP U.S. Government class which I have been teaching for the last 6 years. This bundle was created to match the course redesign which is going into effect for the 2018-2019 school year. This bundle includes the following resources:
- A 111 slide (377 mb) power point that covers the design of the American constitution. This goes over different political theories, the American revolution, Articles of Confederation, Constitutional Convention ,Federalist Papers, and ratification of the constitution. I have included pictures and video throughout the presentation.
- An 18 page guided note packet that goes along with the presentation. This includes a summary and key vocabulary terms that students need to know at the end. I also included sections that cover the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation, Federalist paper arguments, and checks and balances that exist within the U.S. constitution.
- Warm-ups that can be given at the start of class.
- Textbook scavenger hunt - a good activity to give for the first week of school to get the students familiar with their book. You will need to make changes to the page numbers for whatever textbook you use.
- Research questions that sum up the Constitutional Underpinnings unit. I give this as a homework assignment
- Origin of Government handout - I give this as a group assignment and have students present the system of government that I have assigned them to the class.
- Constitution Packet - 6 page packet that introduces the students to the Constitution. It goes over major powers of each branch, qualifications, hypotheticals, and a section where the students have to research their own congressional representatives. I have included a key at the end of the packet.
- Essential documents for the AP course redesign - Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, Federalist #10, Brutus I, and Federalist #51 with questions.
- A Constitutional underpinnings quiz - 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true false, and a short essay question (key included). I also included a make-up quiz for students who were absent that day.
That's everything! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for AP U.S. Government: