This product is designed to help your students learn the key concepts and highlights of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. It comes with outlines of these two founding documents and a great follow-up activity that will help students retain the information.
Included in the product are:
- Two outlines (one for the U.S. Constitution and one for the Bill of Rights), to help provide context of these two founding documents.
- The game/interactive activity, "Constitutional or Unconstitutional?" I have provided two formats for you to choose from- one is a student-centered interactive activity that allows students to work with a partner. The other is a small group game format that the class plays together that fosters greater competition. Both cover the same content, but in different ways.
- Two powerpoints (one for each format) that provide students with a quick review of the Constitutional Articles and the Bill of Rights, as well as student directions for the activity.
- Answer keys when applicable
- Teacher Instructions and TOU Page
The game/activity includes 20 different scenarios and students will use the knowledge they have acquired from their outlines to determine whether each situation is constitutional or unconstitutional. They must provide the evidence in the documents to defend their answers. This is a great activity for your Constitution unit, a fun addition for Constitution Day, or a great review at the end of the semester. Even better, it's an easy lesson to leave for a sub!
This product is also available in the following bundles that offer products at a discounted rate:
-Constitutional Underpinnings Bundle for AP® U.S. Government
-Constitution and Federalism Bundle for U.S. Government
-Constitution and Federalism BIG BUNDLE for BOTH Regular and AP® U.S. Government classes
Check out these other great U.S. Government class resources, available in my store!
Constitution and Federalism Bundle for U.S. Government
Constitution and Federalism BIG BUNDLE for BOTH Regular and AP® Government classes
Lecture and Modern Day Declaration Activity: Foundations of Government
Lecture and Powers Activity: Federalism
Bill of Rights Webquest
Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Supreme Court Rankings Activity
"Create a New Government" Activity and Discussion
U.S. Government Review Game Bundle
Passing a Bill to Law Activity
Bingo Bundle: Three Branches of Government
Earn credits for your valuable feedback!
After you purchase a product, return to your “My Purchases” page and provide feedback on this product. You’ll earn credits, which will give you discounts on your future TPT purchases. Your positive feedback is always appreciated!
Visit my store and click on the green star to follow me and receive product updates: Holly's Social Studies Store.
You can also follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.