This activity and document packet is perfect for teachers covering:
1. The end of WWII and Japanese/US relations
2. Napoleon and Period 2 of the AP European History curriculum
3. The Middle Ages and the Magna Carta
4. South Africa and the end of Apartheid
Included are excerpts from:
- the Magna Carta
- the Napoleonic Code
- the Japanese Constitution
- the South African Constitution
There are also guided reading notes and discussion questions.
Here's one potential lesson plan, which covers two or more classes:
1. Divide class into four groups and assign each a constitution.
2. Have students answer the guided reading questions in their groups. They become the “experts” on this constitution. For HW have each group concoct an informal presentation for the class.
3. Start the second class with each group presenting their constitution.
4. Close class with a large group or fish bowl discussion, using the discussion questions as a starting point/guidance.