Updated on 3/2/14: Added 2 more themes and additional practice worksheets
This packet is designed to help students construct sentences that are 3-4 words long. Have your students repeat the sentence using the sentence strip as a visual cue. I have my students point to each box as they say each piece of the sentence. Above the sentence strip is a picture that represents the entire sentence.
This packet contains 66 pages of sentence strips with 2 sentences strips and pictures on each page. That’s 132 sentences! I have also included a blank page for each structure so that your students can create their own sentences. The sentences are divided into 11 different structures. There are 10-14 sentences for each structure.
Here is a detailed look at what’s included:
• 14 sentences with the structure “_________ on my plate.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “_________ in my wagon.”
• 14 sentences with the structure “________ in the tree.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “__________ in the bathtub.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “__________on my desk.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “__________ holding ________.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “_________ in the sky.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “________ in the water.”
• 10 sentences with the structure “(color)___ ice cream on my cone.”
• 12 sentences with the structure “_________ in the barn.”
• 10 sentences with the structure “_________ on the road.”
The sentences in each group follow a predictable pattern to encourage students to start making the sentences more independently by the end of the activity.
The final section of this packet contains worksheets that have the sentence strip from each structure and all the pictures on one page (except for the “______ holding _______” structure). There is a worksheet that targets making a 4 word sentence and a 6 word sentence for each structure.
Graphics credits are on the final page of this document
This document was created using Smarty Symbols™ © 2010-2014. Smarty Symbols© is a registered trademark and copyright of Smarty Ears, 2013. All rights reserved to Smarty Ears. Used with permission. License #TPT013. ©2014 Smarty Ears.
Activity created by Lauren Laur