Constructing sentences - 7 pages
4 sentences and accompanying images per page.
Students cut, read and rearrange the words to construct meaningful sentences. These sentences use high frequency words and CVC (consonant vowel consonant) words.
- Highlight blends i.e. th, ch, fl etc
- Underline nouns/pronouns (red), verbs (green), adjectives (blue)
- Introduce conjunctions and have students create compound sentences.
- Ask students to write or tell you a story about the sentence.
- Use predication: “What happened before/after the boy ran past the door?”