Middle school students work with their hands deconstructing and constructing time-pieces from ancient time to today.
This activity is a part of a bundle: “Ancient Time Bundle”.
In this practical work project, students will learn how timepieces are made through the process of deconstruction and reconstruction. Moreover, this guided activity will allow them to build and calibrate their chosen time-telling device, to customize each clock depending on their design and function, and to deeply understand how timepieces play a significant role in people’s everyday lives from ancient times to the present.
This project aims to develop middle schoolers engineering, calculation, and mathematical skills. It also helps with logic and analysis through the follow-up activities carefully designed to further their knowledge about their output. Through independent and collaborative activities, students will have an exciting and fascinating learning experience.
The resource includes:
· Independent Student Project Guide
· Guided activity on deconstructing and reconstructing timepieces
· Four Clock-Making projects for students to choose from
· Diagrams and Pictures of different time-telling devices for samples
· Collaborative activities and follow-up questions for project evaluation
· Teacher Guide includes tips, materials, procedures, and guidelines for each project.
Grade Level: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and homeschool
Duration: 7 days (7 hours)
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!