Fun and engaging centers and activities that work with numbers to 100. This can be a special day or centers spread out over a week. This day can be done at any time during the school year- 100's day, a day in October, or even at the end of the school year!
The excitement begins when the students receive a note welcoming them to the 10x10 Construction Crew and requesting them to report to their job site (their classroom) in the morning. After the students arrive, "clock in" and receive their crew badge, they will report and rotate through several "job sites" (centers). After completing the activity at their job site, students will receive a number to add to a giant 100's chart posted in the classroom as they build their way to 100.
Included are 12 different engaging centers and activities. You can do as many or as few as you have time for.
"Job sites" (centers) include:
* Building a 100 Cup Tower (roll, add, record, and build)
* I Can Build to 100 Book (making tens using ten frames and number sentences)
* Building a 10x10 Snack (counting to 100 by tens with snack foods)
* Engineering with 100 (planning and designing a bridge to hold 100 paperclips)
* Building with 100 Snapping Blocks (building structures and recording creations)
* Building with 100 Blocks (designing a plan and building structures collaboratively)
* QR Construction Videos (QR codes that link to videos of time-lapsed construction
projects and vehicles)
* Number Report (four differentiated recording sheets to write to 100)
* Building with Blueprints (building structures following blueprint cards)
* Count the Room (reading and recording numbers to 100 represented by base ten
* Building Number Puzzles to 100 (sequencing numbers to 100 by completing several different puzzles)
* Roll and Build to 100 Game (roll, add, and record to reach 100)
What's Included: (most resources created in color are also created in ink-saving black & white)
* EDITABLE Parent sign up sheet
* EDITABLE note to go home with students
* Crew badges for each student
* Inspection checklists
* Safety Inspector cover sheet for guest inspector
* Job Spec envelope cover sheets (directions for each center)
* EDITABLE Job Spec cover sheet to create your own activities
* Recording sheets for job site activities (if needed)
* Printable materials for each job site activity (if needed)
* QR code cards for construction videos
* 3D I Can Build Cards
* Bridge photo cards
* Construction signs for decor
* Building to 100 snack ten frames
* Number cards to 100 to use in building the giant class 100's chart
* Numbers to 100 puzzles
* Count the Room cards
* Certificate of Completion for each student
You can go all out with caution tape, hard hats, blueprints hanging on the wall, construction cones, and safety vests, or keep it simple! It's entirely up to you.
We hope you and your crew have an exciting time building your way to 100! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be sure to download the preview to see everything that is included in this resource.
Be sure to click the green star in the upper left corner of our store page to follow us for freebies and new resources!
You might also be interested in:
100's Day Mystery- Save Zero the Hero!
St. Patrick's Day Mystery
Back to School Pirate Meet the Teacher
My Mom is a Star! A Mother's Day Celebration
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods