Construction Transformation for Upper Elementary
What educators are saying
Have students become construction workers for a week of , , , and spy activities for upper elementary! All activities are rigorous, engaging, and upper elementary focused!
You can transform your classroom into a construction themed room or just work on the activities with a construction theme, either way, these high-level activities will keep your students engaged!
How will this help the teacher and student?
Engagement- Students will be engaged the ENTIRE time you are learning about different concepts with a spy theme!
Integrated- All subjects will have lessons relating to mysteries. You will teach math, science, social studies, and reading all with the same theme!
Rigor- These activities are higher level and really make your kids think and work through hard concepts!
Low Prep- Almost all activities are print and go!
All activities have a teacher guide included for extra instruction.
- 6 Reading Rotation Activities (includes a checklist, a teacher time lesson with a mini reader, QR codes and links for listening to reading, an original close reading story with questions, a poster sheet that goes along with a book, and a sentence building activity!)
- 2 Mentor Text Lessons (context clues, research, and compare and contrast) with Ada Twist, Scientist, Mighty, Mighty Construction Site & Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site
- Group Project with an option to use technology or to not use technology
- Two "Fix-It" Sentence activities
- How-To Writing Project
- Construction Word Problem Race-All different types of word problems so that students can earn blocks to build a building.
- Create a building plan- Area and perimeter practice
- Measuring activity where students measure different construction items to see if they can fit in the truck.
- "Construct it"- mixed problems for review
- Build the Site- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division problems in a color
- Find the Missing Pieces- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
Social Studies Activities
- History of Construction Research and Timeline
- What I Want to Be When I Grow Up Research
- STEM project-Make it Strong
- STEM project- Build It!
What are others saying?!
Ashleigh B.- "This is awesome!! Super fun and engaging!!!"
Ellen L.- "This resource has everything you need for a fun transformation!"
Other AMAZING products you may need:
>>Click here to read about how to create a construction transformation in your classroom!<<
By clicking this link you can follow along with The Friendly Teacher! You will get to know when a new product is posted, which is 50% off for the first 24 hours!
I loved the theme of the construction and building, but I wanted something that would not only work with little kids but with the upper elementary crowd too. That is why I created a unit where the students would be engaged, but also learning and practicing higher level skills in all subjects! I hope your kiddos are as engaged as mine are during this week!
The Friendly Teacher