A complete presentation on creating constructions using a compass.
This file can be printed so students can have an exact copy and work on paper as the teacher (or a student) works at the board.
Each lesson has step-by-step guided instructions. Then, there are 4-8 problems to do of each type.
Constructions covered include:
- Copying a line segment
- Copying an angle
- Bisecting an angle
- Constructing a perpendicular line segment through a point on the line
- Constructing a perp line segment through a point NOT on the line
- Bisecting a segment
- Constructing parallel lines
- Constructing a square
- Equilateral triangles and regular hexagons (with internal video)
- Constructing a square inscribed in a circle
- Extension: Constructing an octagon inscribed in a circle