Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire U.S. History course which includes all of my power points, guided notes, assignments, quizzes, and unit tests here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 104 slide presentation that goes into the very first Americans and early colonization from Spain and England. The power point has pictures and videos scattered throughout that I edited together. If you have any questions about what I have included by all means send me an email and I will get back to you
- Three days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - Cultures Clash
- the Paleo-Indians, Christopher Columbus, and other notable explorers
Day 2 - Conquistadors
- The fall of the Aztec and Inca empires
Day 3 - The English Arrive
-Jamestown, John Smith, Pocahontas, and tobacco
In addition to the notes, you will receive these other assignments that can be used for in class activities or homework assignments:
- Warm-ups for the start of class
- Spanish and English explorers/conquistadors handout
- Jamestown v. Plymouth venn diagram and questions assignment
- Contact and colonization Quiz key included - the students need to only study the 3 days of notes to be prepared for the quiz. It consists of five multiple-choice questions, five fill in the blank, five true/false, and five definitions.
Thank you very much for considering this product. Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes: